
Yesterday Austin and I had a good day hanging out locally around the San Luis Obispo area. We got up in the morning and walked (yes I said walked :) downtown to the local Jamba Juice which is located conveniently next to a Barnes and Noble and had breakfast while browsing.
We then drove out to Los Osos and picked up my Uncle Tom and we all went to a Christmas Light "workshop" where the craziest of the crazy showed how they light up their houses every year. This picture doesn't quite do justice as the "light tree" was 10 feet tall. Overall the show was a little long winded but I came away with some great ideas for this Christmas season! They also provided lunch :)
I was very surprised when two of the presenters got up to talk about custom making your Christmas lights (because we all have that much time on our hands ;) and I looked at the guy's sweatshirt and it said Temecula on it! I couldn't believe that they had driven all the way up from my home area to give a presentation about Christmas lights!
If you care to see what we were watching you can go to visellichristmaswonderland.com This guy is one of the people who has endless time on his hands. He programs his lights (four billion or something like that :) and they dance to music and such. It is quite a spectacle and worth watching!
We then on the way home went to the pumpkin patch on Los Osos Valley Road. Neither of us had ever heard of it and they had millions of pumpkins! It was great!
Some of these pumpkins weighed in around 400 pounds! They were crazy! We highly recommend going here for pumpkins though if you are local as they are CHEAP!! Their 20 pound pumpkins were between $3.75 and $5.00!
It was a fun Saturday!
Sunday, September 21, 2008
A Saturday Out Locally...
Posted by Austin and Jennifer at 5:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment