Friday, November 14, 2008

My Friday Morning...

This morning I was woken up by a text from Austin (who was at work) saying there is a fire right by our house (where I was peacefully sleeping!). So I turned on the news and the fire was not by our house... it was in Santa Barbara... so I texted him back and said silly....

No... I was the silly one... The next thing I know someone is pounding my door down and ringing the doorbell at 100 mph! Silly kids next door... I had just heard them screaming just a few seconds ago.

It was my land lord.

They are telling us to pack up and we may be evacuating soon if the fire jumps the street.

YIKES!

So I got Austin home from work and we have now packed up our most precious items into our cars and are watching the news. It looks like we are going to be ok (it never jumped the street) but the winds are gusting at up to 60mph right now and the high is 85 degrees! As I am writing this I am listening to the airplane bombers fly right over our house. We can actually watch them drop the retardant from our upstairs window.

So here are the pics I got... I am sure we are going to be ok... they have only evacuated the other side of the street closest to the hill and it looks like they are doing a great job getting it out.

Our life sure is never dull!


I took the pics from our parking lot. The apartments in them are the ones that we look at from our windows. (part of our complex.)

3 comments:

Leah said...

Don't ya just love the drama...thanks for adding excitment to my day...glad that no harm was done. It does give you good insight into your precious items. I have no idea what I would grab. :)

Shaye said...

This is crazy! How scary for it to be right next to you. We've been watching it on the news here too, it's so sad to see the destruction! I hope you guys will stay in the clear and they can get the fires out soon!!

Jay and Lindy said...

Yeah there have been way too many fires lately. Thankfully nothing happened to you!