Saturday, March 27, 2010

I just have to tell you about my morning..

STOP if you are squimish about certain subjects (such as things that come out of baby's rear ends!)


This morning Gianna and I went downstairs to have breakfast. Normal enough. Austin was at work and Cameron (my brother in law) was also downstairs getting started on his breakfast. I decided I would make waffles, and give Gianna her favorite (so far) squash. I got everything cooked and ready to go, and off we went.


We got almost through breakfast, when I noticed that Gianna wasn't really interested in eating. She actually was quite fussy. I couldn't figure out what was going on. That is, until I looked underneath the food tray. BLOWOUT! It was EVERYWHERE! I am so thankful that Cameron was there or else I might have sat down and cried for a while before figuring out what to do! He unstrapped our high-chair (we have one that is a Space Saver so that it just straps to a normal chair) and he carried her up in the chair to the bathroom for me.


Here came the hard part.


Getting her out of her PJ's without getting anything on her face - impossible.


Getting her into the bathtub without getting anything on me - impossible.


Getting the diaper off, into the dirty high-chair and washing all of the "excess" off the baby without throwing up - almost impossible


And now the kicker...


I am half way through the bath, Gianna is having a great time kicking and playing in the water, and I happen to look at the high-chair sitting in the middle of the bathroom floor, and there is Bella. LICKING THE DIAPER.


It's a good thing it really takes a lot to make me throw up!!

5 comments:

Kiwi said...

Oh the joys of parenthood and apparently pet ownership. Another reason to think twice about letting a dog lick you. I hope your afternoon is better then your morning :)

Leah said...

That is soooo sick! Sounds like you really did have an intersting morning. What did you end up doing with bella?

Austin and Jennifer said...

I just kicked Bella out of the bathroom. I am so glad she didn't decide to get sick all over the house after doing it!

AAA said...

If that is the worst that ever happens, you are doing good. My heart goes out to you. It gets better...and less gross.

Jay and Lindy said...

Oh Jen, that sounds horrible! Thank goodness she has you! I'm actually impressed that Cameron helped instead of getting entirely grossed out. And I don't even know what to say about Bella. Gross.