So far this has been a busy new year for all of us. We welcomed the new year sick, Gianna came down with a high fever Christmas Eve and I got it 3 days later. Austin did get it, but he says he is much stronger than us and fought through it ;) My parents also unfortunatley got it, ahh the sacrifices we make to spend time with a "super cool baby" (Gianna's new favorite term about herself)!
On Wednesday of this past week Gianna and I drove down to L.A. to pick up my mom at LAX for the funeral of my step-great-grandmother. We stayed in Santa Monica and were able to visit with Auntie Susan and Uncle Tom, and their daughter Leah with her cute family. Gianna and I also were able to go to breakfast with one of my best friends, Teresa. We don't live close enough to each other! We had a nice time at the funeral, it is unfortunatley one of the only times we see that whole side of the family gathered together. Gianna, my mom and I drove back to SLO on Friday morning and we are now getting ready to take her back to the airport here in SLO :(
On Monday Austin, Gianna and I will be driving up to San Francisco (I just can't sit still!) to visit the
California Sinus Center. I have been having issues with my sinuses all my life (4 sinus surgeries starting at age 5 and a tonsilectomy) and I will be going up to see one of the top sinus doctors in the country. Let's hope for the best!
We hope you all are having maybe a better start to the new year than we are, although it hasn't all felt bad since we have been surrounded by family and friends!
Here's to a great 2011!

Gianna in her Christmas dress my mom made for her and her Winnie the Pooh that Dave and Teresa gave her for Christmas!
Gianna and her Elmo's, her favorite! A great friend of mine Sharla gave Gianna 3 trashbags full of Elmo dolls, needless to say Gianna is in HEAVEN everytime she walks downstairs!
2 comments:
Sorry you guys started out the New Year sick. Hope this doctor can figure out your sinus issue. Love that dress your mom made for Gianna! She sure is growing up fast! Love all the pictures and updates :)
I love it! She is such a cutie!
Post a Comment