Let me apologize before anything else.. it has been 5 months since I have posted. Such an epic fail on my part, and I am really going to have a hard time when I go to do my end of the year photo book and I don't have my blog to go from!
I will say this though.. if you are my friend on Facebook, you have gotten the "jist" of what has been going on with us!
Here's the rundown:
May 10-13th we celebrated Austin's last day of work at SAES and went to Disneyland for 2 days. We had a blast! We then came home and packed up the moving truck and my parents flew out to help. Austin and my dad drove the truck from SLO to Sedona and my mom stayed with Gianna and I for a couple of days to help get everything settled.
On May 19th, Gianna and I said goodbye to SLO :(
On May 22nd, Austin, Gianna and I went down to Scottsdale, AZ to stay at the Sheraton Desert Oasis Villas with our good friends the Buckman family. Gianna and Shelby (their little girl) are 3 months apart in age and did several classes together in SLO. We had an awesome week with them and celebrated Austin's 26th birthday at Benihanas!
Austin started his new job at Boeing in Mesa, AZ. He is a Student Intern Engineer (and it has been one of the most amazing internships ever)!
The house hunt began shortly there after in Mesa, AZ.
On June 10th we rented an apartment in Mesa, AZ 2 miles from Boeing so that Austin wouldn't have to keep driving from relatives house to work every day.
On June 16th, Gianna and I flew back to SLO to celebrate the life of Roy Bryan Stehmeier, my friend from childhood's little boy. He was born with an extremley rare genetic disorder and lived for 6 weeks in the NICU. I was so blessed to be able to see him while he was here on this earth and thankful that I was able to attend his celebration of life in Santa Barbara.
On June 30th, my mom took me to see the New Kids on the Block/ Back Street Boys concert in Phoenix. Can I just say it was the most AMAZING NIGHT OF MY LIFE! I think I cried a little when they came out on stage.. NKOTB was my FAVORITE when I was a little girl, then BSB was my favorite in middle school. SO COOL! We had the most amazing seats ever, 10 rows back from the stage but 4 rows up from the ground so they were RIGHT THERE! It was so AMAZING!!!!
In July my cousin Brad's daughters came from North Carolina to Sedona to spend a month with their grandparents (My Auntie Jeannie and Uncle Henry) and Gianna was so happy to get to go swimming with them, go to the park with them, and even have a little pizza party at Oma and Opa's house with them!
On August 3rd, we closed Escrow on our new house in Mesa, AZ. It is in East Mesa, just East of the 202 freeway and South of the 60 freeway. For the next 3 weekends we worked with my parents on painting, fixing, landscaping, you name it!
On the 27th of August we actually moved into our new house (after the painting was done and new carpeting was in)!
We also started Swim class with Gianna at Aqua Tots Swim School in Mesa in the month of August. She does so well and it is amazing to see how much she is learning from it!
On September 7th Austin and I left Gianna with my parents and flew to Lubbock, Texas for his best friends wedding. They are from India and it was the most incredible (long) fun wedding we have ever been to. It was 3 solid days of festivities and ceremonies, and we thought our wedding was a long one! We had such a nice time there and it was great for Austin to get to spend so much time with Soham!
On the 14th we celebrated my 26th birthday. I got a facial by a good friend here in Mesa that I have known since I was about 5, and my mom and Gianna and I went to Benihanas in Scottsdale.
On the 17th of September we had Gianna's 2nd Birthday party at our new house in Mesa and had a really nice turn out! We had family from Sedona, friends from church and work, it was great! We had 2 slip and slides set out and a kiddy pool and water table. All the kids had a blast! And when the littler ones were done with the water stuff the big kids came in and Austin brought out the dish soap. Oh man!
On the 18th it was Gianna's actual birthday and my mom's birthday!
Last weekend (the 24-25th) we came up to Sedona to visit with our great family friends Mark and Helen Anderson who were here visiting from SLO. We sure miss them (and SLO!)!!
This weekend I came back up to Sedona again so I could go to the Sedona Book Festival and see my newest favorite Author, Diana Gabaldon. She writes the Outlander series among other things. It was amazing!
We have also been between Sedona and Mesa about 20 or so times this summer to get out of the heat or for other various reasons. It has been quite the eventful summer and we are glad to officially be in our new house. We are now just waiting for it to cool down a bit!
I promise to keep this a little more updated now!!
:)
Sunday, October 2, 2011
This is Ridiculous!
Posted by Austin and Jennifer at 3:58 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment