Friday, April 17, 2009

Coupons and Shopping.. AMAZING!

Sometimes I miss the good old days of just going to the store to get what you need... maybe getting a couple of "extra" things, and that's it. Those days are LONG gone! I can't even imagine going to the store at this point and not using a single coupon, when I know I could be saving lots of money! Austin and I have 3 prime examples for you. Good, Better and AMAZING!

Good


Walmart. With this shopping trip we saved 55% making it about $1 an item. 6 of the items shown were free (Beggin Strips, Toothpaste and Travel Huggies Wipes). 2 of the items didn't even have a coupon and were expensive (Face wash and engine de-greaser). Not too bad considering everything we got we actually needed.

Better

We took a trip to CVS later that evening where we were basically paid to shop. CVS gives you back Extra Care Bucks for certain items that you purchase. When it was all said and done we spent $15 but recieved $21 in ECB's. They paid us $6 to take all of this off their hands!

AMAZING

Vons... oh Vons and the deals they have! Today, we saved $72! It was a total savings of 71%! We even did some in-store deals that I couldn't find any extra manufacture coupon's for. The BEST part about this shopping trip was everything pictured will be used right away! No stocking and storing going on with this trip. So I have proved to myself once and for all that you can even save a TON of money on things you need too!

I hope I have inspired someone... I get help with my deals from my cousin Leah's blog : www.westcoastcents.blogspot.com

Hooray for savings money!

3 comments:

Leah said...

Thanks for the shout out! I feel the same way...I can't go back and I dont want to!

Shaye said...

that's awesome Jen! I do Coupon Sense out here and I too can't imagine shopping without coupons. I'll have to check out the blog that you use!! Yay for you! :)

Vanessa said...

You'll have to show me how to do this. We really need to save money, and it looks like you are.