Sunday, September 20, 2009

Gianna Joyce Jensen

Bella was ready to go with us!


Having the C-Section


Gianna Joyce Jensen


Daddy and Gianna


Grandma and Gianna (the birthday girls!)

First Family Photo


There are those pretty blue eyes :)


Mommy and Gianna


Gianna Joyce Jensen was born on Friday, September 18th, 2009 at 4:17pm. (she was my mom's birthday present :) She weighed in at 8lbs 13oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. Austin and I went in Wednesday evening to be induced and I actually labored naturally up until Friday morning when the nicest (and nice looking ;) anesthesiologist came in and gave me my epidural (which was SO not at bad as I had thought it would be!) My doctor broke my water also that morning. Unfortunatley after 44 hours of hard labor I was only dialated to 4cm and 70% efaced so we all made the decision to have a C section. I don't remember much of any of the C section as (they tell me) I was in a lot of pain so I was given a lot of meds, but Austin was there for it all and took lots of pictures! Today is Sunday afternoon and we are still here in the hospital but we are planning to be released tomorrow. We can't wait to get home and sleep interupted (at least no nurse interuptions :)

8 comments:

Leah said...

She is so cute! I can't wait to see her! You are a trooper....I am sure there are a lot of details to fill in.

Clint and Gillian said...

She is beautiful Jen! Congratulations!!! :)

Arya said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you had to go through all that labor beforehand! She's beautiful and I can't wait to see her in person.

xohappyhealthyfoodie said...

Aww I love all the pictures =)Congrats!!! That's very cool she was born on your mom's birthday.

kmk said...

Wow, she's such a cute little darling! Best wishes for a fast recovery! Man you experienced it all - labor, surgery, you name it! Now ua pro!

Elle said...

oh my! i can't believe you were there that long and you still had to have a c section! you might as well have had one scheduled. i'm sorry you were there so long but i'm glad you are finally done! i hope you are feeling well and i'm so happy for you and austin! that's so great!

Auntie Stacey said...

She's so beautiful!!! Hate to tell you but all babies have blue eyes when they are born, but she will probably end up having blue eyes anyway!! Can't wait to see more pictures. Hope mom is holding up. Talk to you soon. Give precious Gianna hugs and kisses from me!

Vanessa said...

Congratualations you guys. I'm sorry for all that you had to go through but at least she is here. She looks so cute and she looks a lot like you guys. I hope you recover well, I can't imagine what it would feel like after a c-section!