Thursday, April 15, 2010

Weekend Trip to Southern California

Gianna, my mom and I were able to take a great trip down to Southern California this past weekend for my friend Rachel's baby shower and to visit family and friends.


We started out our trip by stopping in Thousand Oaks at the Cheesecake Factory. My Favorite!! We then drove to the LA Temple for a "food break" for Gianna. We then drove out to Murrieta (of course getting stuck in LA traffic!) and Gianna did amazingly well the whole drive!

Saturday morning we met with Miss Cathy, the owner of the dance studio where I took/taught from 7 years of age till college. It was so nice to visit with her and her daughters! There is a window into the ballet studio from her office and the whole time we were talking her daughter Shannon kept playing peek-a-boo with Gianna. She loved it! (Her ballet teacher however not so much :) We then went to my great friend Rachel's baby shower where Gianna was able to meet Rachel and a few other friends of mine from high school. (Rachel was one of my bridesmaids :)

Sunday morning we went to church with our old Alta Murrieta Ward and Gianna got to meet the Rawlins family. The mom has been my mom's friends for a very long time and I can remember when all of her children were born (her third was a flower girl in our wedding :) At the end of church Gianna got to meet her "uncle" Jared. He is one of my best friends from growing up in Murrieta (and yes he was a groomsmen in our wedding :) A special treat on the way back up to San Luis was stopping at my Aunt Loretta's house in Ranch Cucamonga for her to meet Gianna. It was so nice to see her and the new place (and cute place!) that she is living.

It really was a great weekend and I am so glad my mom was with us, I don't know how I could have done it all without her!! The only unfortunate event is that I didn't take ANY pictures the entire weekend. We did however manage to get one great picture before my mom left Monday when we went to breakfast at the Apple Farm in SLO (our favorite breakfast place if you can't tell :)

1 comments:

Leah said...

I love this picture of Gianna and your mom. Saw it on her Facebook. Sounds like you had a very busy week.