Monday, July 12, 2010

One Sick Baby

On Wednesday Gianna came down with a fever, which I didn't think much of because we had been to the pediatricians the day before and she got shots. However, the following day when she started to get little blisters on her chin I started to worry a bit. We went back into the pediatricians on Friday morning. I described her symptoms to him, fever, blisters, fussy, and he took her shoes off to show me the blisters on her feet. you would think I would have noticed those as I put her shoes on, but I wasn't checking for blisters anywhere else. It turns out that Gianna had contracted the Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. The worst part is I think she got it from the pediatricians office when we went on Tuesday. I guess this is a very common virus that almost all kids get, and as I talk to my friends I hear that all of their kids (and everyone else we know) have had it. She is already much better, still some little blood blisters left on her feet, but you can tell they aren't bugging her as much.

Ah the joys of childhood diseases. I am very glad that Gianna is doing much better.

:)

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Yikes, I've never even heard of it!

Amy said...

oh that is so sad. That is such an awful sickness because they are just so miserable. I'm glad she is starting to feel better.