We're kind of playing it low here this year for Valentines Day. I have a sinus infection, Austin caught a cold and well, Gianna is hitting her terrible two's!
However, here's my Valentines Day present/story:
Austin has to work 6 days a week, 9-10 hours a day Mon-Fri and 4 hours on Saturday. He goes in around 5:30-6am every morning. So yesterday morning (Saturday) I hear him get up (I am still half asleep) and start his morning routine. I even think I hear him leave (think being the key word). So about 5 minutes later Gianna's monitor turns off. Now I'm wide awake. I turn in off thinking maybe the power went out, no, it's just not working. So I get out of bed and see that her door is closed (Austin closes it when he gets up so he doesn't wake her up). I call out for Austin hoping he might still be here, no answer. So, I open her door fully freaked out now, and a tall dark figure walks towards me from the computer chair, Austin.
He had taken the day off to surprise me and let me sleep in for Valentines Day. He even left notes BY the monitor and BY the door to her room telling me he had her and go back to sleep. I informed him however since it was pitch black in the house I missed the notes, and just freaked out :)
Once I made it back to sleep (and after my heart stopped racing a mile a minute) at 6am, I slept in till 9ish.. it was wonderful. He even let me have a 2 1/2 hour nap today I think to make up for the un-consecutive sleep I got Saturday morning.
So this was my "suspenseful" Valentines Day story, I am sure our day tomorrow will be much less "eventful" :)
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Happy Valentines Day
Posted by Austin and Jennifer at 10:07 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
Aww that was very sweet of Austin! Too bad it was too dark to see the notes!
Post a Comment