Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July! Not only did we celebrate our country's independence this year, we celebrated  "cooler" weather! A monsoon had moved into the area so it was in the high 80's all day!! Compared to the high of 110 tomorrow that isn't too bad! All 3 of us have been fighting a little summer cold lately so we stayed home yesterday, opting to set off a few fireworks of our own. It was so different to do our own, I have always lived in CA where it is illegal!

 Showing Gianna the sparklers!
 Set up for our viewing pleasure, Austin set the fireworks off for us.
 Lots of these type of fireworks, but a great show none the less.
 Wow!
 Hmm..
 I have been growing several things in the backyard now for a while, and boy did I not realize what this amount of heat (and the amount of water I have to give to the plants) does to things here! They grow like weeds! Which is fine of course except for the fact that I planted my pumpkins 3 months too early! Hey.. it's still great to see them! The first picture is of one of my pumpkins and one of my watermelons.
 In this big green "mess" I have pumpkins, watermelons and cucumbers.
 One of my loooong pumpkins.
It is hard to tell but I have 4 pumpkins in this picture, two orange and two green.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!!!! You should bring us some pumpkins when you visit!!!! Gianna looked a little freaked out with those sparklers.
Cameron and Brianna