Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Watermelon (the fruit of my labors ;)

As you have seen in previous posts, I have been growing watermelon among other things. Today I discovered that two of my watermelon were starting to rot on the ends (sad as they weren't full size yet), but I have decided that it is just too hot for them right now. It is 114 outside most days afterall! So after consulting with my Uncle Tom (the growing expert :) we decided I would cut them off and look inside! The smaller one defenitely needed more time, but the bigger one was actually quite tasty!

Don't ask me why but the computer won't post the pictures straight.. even though I turned them all in paint!!


 Inside of the smaller of the two.
 Inside of the bigger of the two.

 Gianna didn't mind that I had to cut them off early!

0 comments: