Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Escaping the heat and such..

Not sure if you all have heard by now or not, but yesterday SLO was 107 degrees. It has been a HOT weekend and now week. We decided to get away by going outside of SLO, and we found it was cooler EVERYWHERE! We even started in Paso in the morning and it was 10 degrees cooler!

Here's Gianna among the GIGANTIC pumpkins at The Avila Valley Barn. We are also the new proud owners of a 47 pound pumpkin. We had a great time there :)

We went to Target in Paso because Gianna got 2 gift cards for her birthday (thanks Aunt Loretta and Caleb). She got a Cabbage Patch Kid baby doll (she LOVES baby dolls right now) and some super cute head bands and socks.

In other days news...
Gianna has a ball pit (our birthday present to her) and she loves to take the balls out of it (luckily not all 220) and play with them. I am SURE that she is showing her high intelligence here by putting her ball in the cup that it actually fit in!


Showing me her ball in the cup.


Opa is bound and determined that we will have another basketball player on our hands (I played in elementary and middle school). He got her this basketball hoop that will grow with her for her birthday. She already knows what to do when we say "she shoots" then she puts the ball in and "she scores"!

I'm still wheelin' and dealin'. I had to include this because I was SO excited about this deal! I went to Albertsons last week and saved 70% on this order! I got everything pictured for around 44 cents. Not too bad!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good job on the savings....see some food storage there. Also, very cute picture of Gianna and baby.

Elle said...

wow! nice job at albertson's! i'm jealous we don't have one out here. gianna is so stinking cute, i'm sad maggie can't play with her. glad to see all is well, even in the heat ;)

Rachel said...

Charlie has that basketball hoop and he says "TAKE IT TO THE HOLE!"

Austin and Jennifer said...

We HAVE to teach that to Gianna, Rachel! We say "She shoots, She scores" but I like "Take it to the HOLE" soooooo much better!!!!!!! It totally reminds me of something Greg would say ;)